- Jonathan: like black kids.....i have never heard of black kids before
- Jonathan: they are reallly good
- Jonathan: and cut off your hands
- Jonathan: good god
- Jonathan: the things some people think of these days
- Me: haha jesus. the black kids sentence was the first one i read.
- Me: i was really confused until i scrolled up.
Do not dye your hair black.
Today I finished the select assigned chapters in Anti-Intellectualism in American Life by Richard Hofstadter. When I have time, I am going to read the remaining chapters because it was damn good. (P.S. It won the Pulitzer in 1964 for nonfiction).
I am also making my way through The Organization Man by William H. Whyte, which is also very engaging.
These books were written over 40 years ago, but their analysis of the educational system at the elementary, secondary, and collegiate level, as well as their predictions for the direction of society as a result of these systems are dead on.
Please read these books. Work your brain. It’s worth it.
- Tommie: I may be qualified for a one night stand, but I could never take the place of your man, Kyle.
- Kyle: Boy, Tommie. You sure know how to make someone feel awkward with obscure lyrics.
- Tommie: (lack of response)
- Kyle: That was a joke. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
- Tommie: I was too busy laughing in real life to laugh on the keys.
I have not bought a pack of cigarettes in about or over a month.
BUT GODDAMN, I HAVE BEEN CRAVING THEM LIKE ALL HELL FOR THE PAST TWO DAYS. I REALLY, REALLY WANT TO BUY ABOUT 5 PACKS AND DISPERSE THEM THROUGHOUT MY APARTMENT FOR EASY ACCESS AND SMOKITY, SMOKE, SMOKE, SMOKE.
But I am resisting.